Do I have a Drug problem?
Drug Addiction – Self Diagnosis
The below questions are intended to help you assess whether you’re displaying any drug addiction symptoms, we hope you find them helpful in deciding whether you have a drug abuse or drug addiction problem.
If you’re unsure and would like to talk to someone about your own or a loved one’s drug abuse please feel free to call us at any point.
If you suspect that you’ve lost control over your drugging and you need help to deal with the problem, these questions can help you to identify how severe the drug abuse is and what you can do to begin to do to get some help.
- Do you lose time from work /school /studies due to drug use?
- Is drug use making your home life unhappy?
- Do you use drugs because you are shy with other people?
- Is drug use affecting your reputation?
- Have you gotten into financial difficulties as a result of drug use?
- Do you turn to lower companions and an inferior environment when using drugs?
- Does your drug use make you careless of your family’s welfare?
- Has your ambition decreased since you started using drugs?
- Do you crave drugs at a definite time daily?
- Do you want drugs the next morning?
- Does using drugs cause you to have difficulty sleeping?
- Has your efficiency decreased since you started using drugs?
- Is using drugs jeopardizing your job or business?
- Do you use drugs to escape from worries or trouble?
- Do you use drugs alone?
- Have you ever had a complete loss of memory as a result of drug use?
- Has your physician / doctor ever treated you for drug use?
- Do you use drugs to build up your self-confidence?
- Have you ever been to a hospital or institution on account of drug use?
Questions are courtesy of Johns Hopkins University Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland
A ‘Yes’ answer to three or more questions indicates drug abuse or drug addiction is present. Please contact us for advice and treatment right now.
Often the fact that you’re considering you have a drug addiction problem is enough of an indicator that a problem is present. Please rest assured that many people have found themselves in similar situations and asking for help is a courageous and necessary step towards recovery from drug addiction.
Often it’s the family members of addicts that first realise the severity of the drug addiction problem and begin to pressure the addict into getting some form of treatment at a rehab centre.
If you’re concerned about someone’s drinking or drug use please see these questions on how to diagnose an alcoholism or drug addiction problem in someone else.
Please feel free to call us at any point for personalised drug addictions and alcoholism advice.
Alcohol Rehab Services - Feedback & Reviews
What do our customers think of this service?
4.25 stars - based on 55 reviews