For an alcoholic, the most accessible, reliable and effective means of detoxification will most likely be at a private clinic. That means a registered, preferably well established Alcohol Detox Clinic, staffed by professional and experienced medical, nursing and addictions counselling staff specializing in the treatment of addiction to drugs including alcohol.
Private alcohol detox clinics will offer the patient addicted to drinking a real “second chance” at life. Whilst these private detoxification clinics also treat patients with other dependencies such as illegal and prescription drugs addiction, the medical professionals administering and monitoring any alcohol detoxification need to be experienced and knowledgeable.
It is a little known fact that alcohol withdrawals can actually result in seizures and death. Please ensure that the help you seek for an alcohol detoxification is through professional channels.
Contact us today to find the best private alcohol detox clinic near you.
People addicted to alcohol can be vulnerable emotionally and physically. The delicate skill of handling alcohol detoxification and the essential medical needs of patients is best left to the professional detox unit staff. It’s important to note that we’re not advocating tip-toeing around the person addicted to alcohol or other drugs. Once the patient has had an effective private alcohol detox at a registered clinic and some additional treatment to better enable them to, not only understand their illness, but more importantly to take responsibility for their condition, they are ready to meet life on life’s terms.
There are five very important things that may assist the alcoholic on the long and rewarding road to recovery:
1. Admitting and accepting that there is in fact a problem – this is a difficult step for alcoholics as a part of the illness makes them unaware of the full consequences of their drinking and may be best left for the treatment professionals to enhance.
It is often assumed that unless the alcoholic has hit ‘rock-bottom’ and is highly self motivated they cannot recover. This has been proven to be absolutely untrue!
In fact external pressure from families, employers and even the legal system can improve treatment outcomes.
2. Attendance at support groups such as the1 2 Step fellowship Alcoholics Anonymous as well as aftercare groups and counselling.
This is equally important to long term recovery from alcoholism as the sufferer needs to know that they are not alone. They may have caused a lot of damage due to their past behaviour in active alcoholism, but there are countless others who have gone before them and can help them to rebuild their lives, making amends for harm done.
Another important aspect of private alcohol detox & further rehab will be the patients family attending counselling with the alcoholic to discuss the wreckage of the past and what the best way forward is. Also attending lectures at the rehab will help the family get advice on the stance to adopt in relation to the alcoholic. This is immensely important as the family can continue to enable the alcoholic or begin to insist on recovery behaviours. For the alcoholic it may also be important that relationships can be mended once they’re in treatment. This isn’t always possibly but a private alcohol detoxification facility will provide the prospect of further treatment and the opportunity to explore issues.
3. Healthier sleeping and eating habits – most people who have indulged in alcohol to the extent that they need a detoxification have developed unhealthy sleeping & eating habits, mostly as a direct result of the affects of the alcohol on their bodies. This needs to change in order for the body to recover.
4. Exercise can also be an important component of recovery. Research shows that exercise, even in its mildest form (such as walking) can alleviate the symptoms of depression (by releasing endorphins), fatigue and various other ailments.
5. Professional one-on-one alcoholism counselling – this is crucial and if done at a private alcohol detox, will help the addict to reclaim their life.
All of the above is guaranteed to be offered and encouraged at a private alcohol detox clinic & treatment centre, whereas state clinics are unfortunately not equipped to handle the magnitude of addiction admissions. The truth is that government facilities throughout the UK and South Africa can only offer so much and no more. The waiting lists are long, facilities generally below par and the units can be understaffed. A private alcohol detox clinic will offer a safe, nurturing and supportive environment for the alcoholic.
Private alcohol rehab centre’s will ensure that the procedures in place are of the highest standard and that everything possible is done to help in the alcoholics recovery, while at the same time trying to make the therapy as affordable as possible. If you or someone you care about is seeking help from alcohol addiction or another substance abuse or compulsive behaviour please call one of our treatment counsellors right now – they’re standing by waiting for your call.
Our treatment counsellors can arrange immediate admission to the best private alcohol detox clinics and addiction treatment centres.