Addiction help for me
People from all walks of life end up addicted to alcohol and other drugs, behaviours like gambling, sex addiction and eating disorders.
We've treated high court judges, an ex-presidents bodyguard, high performance athletes as well as people who've lived on the streets and everyone in between. Becoming addicted isn't a reflection of poor character, lack of will power or intellectual prowess. Becoming addicted doesn't mean we're bad people who need to be good, it means we're sick people who need some treatment and help to get better.
Most of us that end up addicted to alcohol or other drugs initially experienced drinking and/or using drugs as something good. It certainly made us feel better, even helped us to cope and function better.
At first drinking alcohol and using drugs worked, it seemed they fulfilled a useful purpose, some patients report a sense of being whole for a short time.
But that isn't where the story ended.
As our drinking and using progressed to greater heights we drank and used more and more to get away from the lows.
Our addiction got progressively worse and so too did the consequences.
Whatever the individual and very personal details of your story are, so many of us that become addicted thought that we were unique and certainly alone, by the time we reach a point of no longer being able to lie to ourselves, we're quite exhausted from keeping up with the mental obsession to drink and use.
Living an actively addicted life can be hell. The mounting consequences like angry family, work and legal problems as well as the general unmanageability that accompanies this illness only add to the misery.
We Do Recover offers a totally confidential and non-judgmental service to help you discover that there is help & hope for you - that you can recover, and live a happy, useful & contended life without drugs and alcohol.
Drug / Alcohol Addiction - Self Diagnosis
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you drink or use drugs alone?
- Have you ever had a complete loss of memory as a result of drinking or drug use?
- Has your physician ever treated you for drinking or drug use?
- Do you drink or use drugs to build up your self-confidence?
- Have you ever been to a hospital or institution because of drinking or drug use?
- Do you lose time from work due to drinking or drug use?
- Is drinking or drug use making your home life unhappy?
- Is drinking or drug use affecting you reputation?
- Have you gotten in financial difficulties as a result of drinking of drug use?
- Do you turn to lower companions and an inferior environment when drinking or using drugs?
- Does your drinking or drug use make you careless of your family's welfare?
- Has your ambition decreased since drinking or using drugs?
- Do you crave a drink of drugs at a definite time daily?
- Do you want a drink or drugs the next morning?
- Does drinking or using drugs cause you to have difficulty sleeping?
- Has your efficiency decreased since drinking or using drugs?
- Is drinking or using drugs jeopardizing your job or business?
- Do you drink or use drugs to escape from worries or troubles?
Answering 'Yes' to three or more questions indicates that either abuse or dependence is present and corrective action needs to be taken. [Questions are courtesy of Johns Hopkins University Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland, USA]
If you wish to access in-patient rehab immediately with clinical detox from only £450/R6000 per week
Please call 0800 955 4357 from the UK
or 082-747-3422 from SA
Finding the right rehab centre
Not all alcoholics and addicts are the same, neither are all addiction treatment centres.
Our expert consultants will discuss your needs with you and give you sensible advice on which treatment centre you're going to feel most comfortable at whilst receiving the treatment that you need. We work with registered, private rehabs that have good reputations, provide excellent clinical care and comfortable living accommodation.
The Good News
The best news we can give you is that coming clean doesn't mean you have to be miserable.
Of course there may be some difficulty in the beginning, but as time goes on you'll discover to your amazement that you're living free of the compulsion to use.
You'll find that you're enjoying your new life clean and sober and that you're doing things you never thought possible.
Addiction rehab isn't just an opportunity to stop drinking or using drugs, it's an opportunity to restructure your life in a way that can make you happier too!
Alcohol Rehab Services - Feeback & Reviews
What do our customers think of this service?
4.05 stars - based on 72 reviews